Best times to post on Social Media
This was adapted from PRDaily.com – Kristin Piombino | Posted: April 10, 2014
Do you post social media updates when your audience has the highest chance of seeing them, or just whenever you think of it or happen to have a free minute.
If you aren’t posting to a social media site when most of your audience members are on it, all that time you spent crafting the update goes to waste. And you’re a busy person. You don’t have any time to waste.
Here are the best times to post to each site:
- Worse times: Monday and Friday, 9am-5pm
- Most used right before and after work. Tuesday & Thursday are the most used days.
- Facebook: Weekdays 6 a.m. – 8 a.m. and 2 p.m.-5 p.m.
- Worse times: all weekend, 10pm – 4am
- Most business people do not check Facebook during work hours.
- 80% of users check their phone early every morning
- Google+: 9 a.m.-11 a.m.
- Worse times: 6pm-7am
- Twitter: On weekends from 1 p.m.-3 p.m.
- Blog: Monday, Friday and Saturday at 11 a.m. Best is to post once a week on the same day. Post links to your blog using the guidelines above.
- Pinterest: On Saturday from 2 p.m.-4 p.m. and 8 p.m.-11 p.m.
~ Jim Olsen