Presented by Jim Olsen
“Your Benchmark Referral Group members are your passive sales team, your advocates and your referral partners; always working on your behalf. “
DEFINITION of an advocate: “one who pleads the case of another.”
When a Benchmark Group member becomes an advocate for your services, you have achieved a rewarding relationship of closeness and trust. They become your referral partner.
Why referrals are better:
- Studies show you spend half the time selling a referred prospect than non-referred.
- People come ready to buy.
- Referred prospects have greater loyalty.
- Referred clients are more likely to refer you to others.
Four ways to convert members into Referral Partners (RPs)
- Give them something to talk about with memorable presentations.
- Do one-to-ones (121s) with key members who can be a continual referral source for your industry.
- Deliberately nurture those key relationships with care and reciprocal referrals.
- Be there for them. Commit to helping them grow their business.
Your Referral Partners will GLADLY refer you when…
- You make them look good.
- Give them success stories to tell.
- Follow-up promptly on all referrals.
- Say thank-you every time.
- Return the favor and refer business to THEM.
- Nurture the relationship and stay in touch, with:
- Visits and phone calls
- Newsletters & Email marketing
- Blogs & Social Networks
- Your Benchmark meeting
Develop and build a list of people that know, like and trust you; those people who will gladly and continually refer to you, as you do the same for them. They are your Referral Partners. Treat them right!